Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Love/Hate Relationship with Traveling

Do you do much traveling for either business or pleasure? Almost all of my traveling is for business. Last year I spent 16 days on the road, 8 in 2004, 4 in 2003, 37 in 2002, and 139 in 2001, so it comes and goes. Most of my traveling has been in the US. This year will probably exceed last year. I have a love/hate relationship with traveling.

Loves:
1. I like to go to new places, see new things, experience life in other cultures. I've been to places I would not have ever thought about going otherwise or taken the time to do so.
2. Beer hunting - finding new brewpubs and tasting regional beers.
3. I like traveling by plane. Sure, there are inconveniences (e.g., long lines at the airport, delayed flights, bothersome passengers), but its a pretty cool way to travel.
4. Eating regional cuisine in its indigenous location. I mean, I could order some bar-b-q sauce from places in Texas and cook with it at home (e.g., Rudy's and Stub's), but there's nothing like eating it at the restaurant itself along with a regional microbrew.
5. Its an opportunity to crossdress more so than at home. I bring some clothes with me and also go shopping while I'm there for new women's clothes. After work, I can go out complelety dressed in women's clothes and not have to worry about running into someone I know. I can be a little more daring in showing off my clothes - dangling a shoe shows off my stockinged foot, wearing clothes that are much more feminine in the details.
6. I can masturbate freely without being interrupted for as long as I want! And believe me, I can edge for hours. Sure, it sounds like a complete waste of time, but its one way to relieve all the pent up stress. More times than I can remember I've checked into the hotel, showered, put on some nice lingerie, got out a few issues of Leg Show that I brought along, connected to the web to surf for porn, and stroked for 3-6 hours. I'd take breaks for ordering room service and bio breaks. I'd be pretty much exhausted by the end.
7. Filling up my passport with stamps.

Hates:
1. I don't sleep very well in hotels - the beds aren't comfy, the temperature controls aren't great, noisy people in the hall.
2. I hate eating by myself in restaurants and room service usually isn't that good. If I can I'll eat at the bar of a restaurant and talk to the bartender.
3. Experiencing all of these new places and not having anyone to share them with while doing so. Sure, I could take pictures and buy postcards to tell the folks at home all about it. Its a lot more fun traveling with others and being able to talk to someone who's shared the experience.
4. Jet lag on the longer trips.

No comments: