On the way home from work yesterday I was listening to this story about beer short-servings on NPR, which was based on this blog article. Apparently, some establishments are using glasses that aren't holding 16 ounces and still calling them "pints". The Wall Street Journal also did a column about this earlier this year. "What's up with that?!" to be colloquial. If the menu says "pint", serve me 16 ounces of beer. Or at least add a disclaimer like they do at McDonalds. I used to think draught beer was more economical. If I order by bottle, at least, I know how much is in it.
More importantly, which presidential candidate will address this issue?! Is this an "elitist" issue, or one for "Joe the Plumber"? Is this a "hidden tax" that can be eliminated (or propped up?) by a socialist regime? Are they just going to put lipstick on it and then find some way-better looking & acting comedienne to bring it to our nations attention (Tina Fey really does have a better stage presence)? (Don't ask me where I'm going with this, I'm just rambling.) Is this the Red Tide of Communism's way making its way back into our country? Is this what makes some parts of our country "un-American"? I say its time to stand up for our rights as tax-paying, of-legal-drinking-age, non-drunk-driving, drinking-responsible citizens and fight back to get what we paid for.
1 comment:
When is a pint not a pint?! They've found a new way to rip us off, a few sips at a time.
Post a Comment