While I was in Ohio over Easter, we went to the Hoppin' Frog brewery in Akron. Just across the street was the Lockheed Martin blimp hanger. Its H-U-G-E! I always thought it belonged to Goodyear as the Goodyear plant is on the north (opposite) side of the hanger. Not until I started researching the hanger did I find out that it actually belongs to Lockheed, and that the Goodyear hanger is further out in the countryside of Akron.
And the Hoppin' Frog beer is Good! Very small brewery, very nice folks that run it, and tasty brew!

3 comments:
What an amazing looking structure. It brings to mind a chrysalis which is quite appropriate given what emerges from it.
I'm from Akron, Ohio; This place is so huge that when the conditions are right, rainclouds actually form inside the hangar bay.
If you think it looks cool, you should see it when the sides "fall" off and it opens up.
PS: It used to belong to Goodyear..
Post a Comment