Friday, April 04, 2008

I'm going back to Cali

"Heels tall, bikini small,
She said she liked the ocean."

No, no, no, not like that at all! I'm going to San Mateo, California next week on another business trip. Its proximity to San Francisco is appealing, so hopefully we'll get there for dinner one of the nights. As usual when going to a new city, I go to The Beer Mapping Project to see what's available in that part of the beer world. In San Mateo there's a BJ's Brewhouse at the mall. Per their website they don't brew on premise, but it will be worth checking out anyway. In Palo Alto there's a Gordon Biersch brewpub which also looks good and received some very good reviews for their food on Beer Advocate. San Francisco has 7 brewpubs (too many for this trip) and is home of Anchor Brewing. Anchor is one of my all-time favorite breweries - all of their offerings are fantastic. The Steam, Porter, and Christmas Ale are my particular favs. Hmmm, tours are available only by reservation. I wonder if I'll have a free afternoon to take one....?

2 comments:

wisdomstuff said...

Have fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your free afternoon.

badside said...

Try Steelhead brewery, that's right in the San Mateo area, good place for dinner or lunch. http://www.steelheadbrewery.com/