I saw this over at Heartbreak Nymphomania. Go over to her blog and post your answer to the question "What does gender mean to YOU?" She's giving away some great adult toys (see her blog for complete details).
My answer: That’s a deep question. For me gender is more about the mind than the physical aspects of sex. I mean, the one who has the penis is the males sex, and the vagina the female sex (almost always). Gender is more about what that person thinks of themself. Does the person think themself a male or female, or some combination of both? Gender is also how they want to project themselves to others. Do they take on the stereotypical traits of the male or the female, or a combination? As a crossdresser, I’m male and I like to wear women’s clothes and shave my body hair to be more feminine. I take on some of the traits of women, but I’m obviously a man.
Wikipedia has a pretty good entry on it.
4 comments:
What is gender bending?
Its these far right groups that make a big issue about these things.
Seretia - Per Wikipedia, "Gender bender is an informal term used to refer to a person who actively transgresses, or "bends," expected gender roles." So crossdressing is a good example of gender bending. And it must be my dislexia that I keep reading your name as "Secreteria".
Jennifer - Love your pics!
I had a couple of blog posts at the beginning of the month on this very topic...
Post a Comment