The weekend:
1. A week ago I bought a new TV, an HDTV, and this past weekend I picked up the HD cable box from the cable service. It took me most of Saturday and Sunday afternoon to connect the cable box, the VCR/DVD player, the TV, and the stereo together. The arrangement is not perfect, but it'll do for now. I can watch the HD channels, listen to CDs using the DVD player (I ran out of room for the stand-alone CD player), and listen to the TV through the stereo. The crutch in all this is the VCR/DVD player. I know, who still uses a VCR? (The same guy that still has about 60 music cassettes.) Since it's a combo device using just one set of cables doesn't do much good. In the perfect arrangement I'd have component cables from the DVD output to the TV, as well as the co-axial cable from the VCR output to the TV, and DVD audio output to the stereo. I just need more cables. I think if I use a DVI cable to connect the cable box to the TV and use the component cables on the DVD player I should be set. ramble, ramble, ramble... Anybody know if a DVI cable is better than component cables?
2. Not that there was much else to do. A pair of Nor'easters came up the coast Thursday and soaked the region with rain until Sunday morning. I did get a run in Sunday morning. That felt good as I didn't have time to run all week. I'll be running a 10K this coming weekend and I need to be in good form for it. The cute girl I usually run with won't be there.
3. A neighbor called to ask for some moving help Sunday afternoon. I sat around messing with the cables while I waited for him to call me back, but he never did.
4. Sex was on the menu Saturday morning! We had a good roll in the hay as they say. Just wish we have more time for it. I like having sex when I wake up in the morning, but she prefers it after showering. It's just too darn comfy in the bed for me to get out for all of that!
5. My sister called to say that they had some of the homebrew I gave them, but she couldn't tell me which one they drank, the bourbon barrel porter or the amber ale. Was it dark like coffee or lighter like iced tea? Did it taste like bourbon or more like regular beer? Nope, she couldn't remember what they drank. Oh well. I will be entering both into an upcoming competition later this month.
Here's some eye candy.
8 comments:
That sounds like it was Very Pleasant!
Secretia
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Have a great day. Cheers!
I think DVI and Component cables will both produce a great picture. I'd say go with a good component cable set though because they tend to be more universal nowdays and so you can use them for something else if you need to. Love morning sex is great isn't it?!
heyyy thanks for you comment. only thing i couldn't figure out which blog to click on cause there's so many, you must be one busy blogger. anyways i love that you are also a fan of harry potter, star wars, and monty python! btw loving the profile picture, good ol sheen!
www.amoreeggrorr.blogspot.com
Eggy - yeah, I need to pair down that list.
Fred - After reading the manuals more, I think I'll go with the DVI for the cable box/TV connection, and components for the DVD & Wii.
Keith - Love your blog. And your icon of Sean Connery reminded me that Dr. No died yesterday.
Secretia - It was!
Hey Sheen, was it the Star Trek Experience you said wasn't very good?
-Badside
Badside - Yes, we went to the Star Trek Experience a while ago. It consisted mainly of costumes and props, although not nearly as many as Star Wars exhibit from last year, about half the square footage of exhibition area as Star Wars, and no interactive displays. The 'imersion' feeling was a lot higher at Star Wars; Star Trek felt more like an art gallery display. And I'm a die-hard Star Trek fan, much more so that Star Wars.
DILBERT! YES!
Post a Comment