I started to write this entry on my new cell phone on the airplane on my way to Florida today for a business trip. The phone is the HTC/Verizon XV6900. It does all kinds of neat tricks that PDA/Smart phones can do, but the small touch-screen keyboard makes for lousy writing. So I pulled out the laptop to write more than a few words a minute.
Last Saturday was the homebrew competition. I entered the bourbon barrel porter that I brewed last October, mainly entered it to get the judges’ feedback. Before I brought the samples to the homebrew store in January I noticed that the secondary in-bottle fermentation produced a way over-carbonated beer. This was probably due to a too-short primary fermentation prior to bottling. Not an award winner in my opinion. Anyway, we went to the bar early to drink a few pints and have a few wings. As they started the winner’s announcements, there were lots of alcohol-lubricated cheers for everyone. When they got to my category, no awards for me. “Oh well,” I thought “just as I expected.” We stayed to hear all of the rest of the awards, and as they got near the bottom of the list, I forgot that my beer was not in the “Porter” category, but in the “Wood-aged” category. I was very surprised to hear my name called for 2nd Place! Bragging rights if nothing else. They then said that scoring sheets will be mailed, so I still have no idea how the beer scored. I told my friends that the completion in my category must have been pretty weak for my beer to earn a 2nd place., Here’s the ribbon (if I remembered to post it)
I wrote a while ago about wanting to go on a business trip so I could have some “me” time while at the hotel at night. This trip was a big surprise as they told me about it Friday afternoon just as I was about to go home. If this were going to be a fun trip, I had to act fast. First to the adult book store for the latest issue of “Leg Show” (more about that once I’m at the hotel and have a chance to read it. I browsed the DVDs, but nothing really caught my eye. (And that’s a story for another time.) Saturday was a busy day with other activities, including the homebrew competition. On Sunday I as able to find some time to get to the mall for some shopping. I was looking for a pair of those over-the-knee socks and anything else that may have caught my eye. Macy’s had them, but instead of white athletic socks, they just had heavy cable-knit socks. I looked at a few other stores and couldn’t find any, so I opted for a couple of pairs of panties from Victoria’s Secret. I almost bought a pair of bright-colored tights, but opted not to.
On Monday I stopped at the mall during lunch, and again found nothing of interest. So I packed a few old DVD/s the new panties, a few pair of the old, a couple bras, a pair of white pants and white short-shorts (better to show off the brightly colored panties), a garter belt, and some stockings for the trip. And I did pack some male work clothes too.
At the airport this morning I shopped for some lotion or bath salts, but really didn’t find anything of much interest. I wanted some oatmeal soap, or at least some cocoa lotion, but they had neither. I almost went for some strawberry-scented lotion, and realized that I needed to get to the gate. Maybe in Florida I’ll be able to find some.
I’ll post some pictures in my Flickr account (just ask if you need help seeing them as the naughty one’s will be only for Friends and Family).
5 comments:
Having such a secret vice must add a frisson of sheer delight to the monotony of business trips. I do hope the room was big enough and luxurious enough to really enjoy yourself.
Hope you're having fun on the trip. Obviously this is too late for this one, but sockdreams.com carries three styles of over-the-knee athletic socks in white and with striped tops (they also come in lots of other colors).
They are listed about 14th from the bottom here:
http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/pages/socks_cat_CategoryID_84.php
If you click the buttons to change the color, the photo changes, too.
Hope this helps for next time.
Congrats on the 2nd place beer! I have to admit, you've made me curious about home brewing, maybe I'll try it some day. Have fun on your trip!
AJ - The room is very nice - especially the shower - too many nozzles in all the right places ;)
SV - For the next trip - thanks!
Bad - Thanks!
so gf how do i get to see those pics? and why was you thinking of me in your little girl things?
way to go on the brew, brewMaster. u know i love a Master!
hugs
kk
Post a Comment