Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back from vacation!

I’m finally back from vacation. That was one of the longer vacations I’ve taken in more than a few years, 9 days. This may sound strange, but it seemed to be almost too long. I left on Saturday July 26 and returned on Sunday August 3. Jumping from work to vacation then back to work without any buffer is kind of stressful. But I shouldn’t complain.

I was in Avalon, New Jersey for the week. It started out rainy and there was some small hail during one of the thunderstorms. By the middle of the week fog set in as the ocean temperatures have been unusually cold for this time of year. Definitely experienced some shrinkage when swimming in the ocean! Thursday through Sunday were gorgeous – hot and sunny. As usual I was on the he Vacation Diet: Seafood, beer, and ice cream everyday. I did run a few times and walked a lot, so I don’t think I gained any weight. One place had a special on Budweiser bottles for $0.75, so we couldn’t pass that up. I also had some
Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager and Rogue’s Dead Guy Ale – both were very delicious!

The cell phone camera pictures that I sent in to the blog came out better than I thought. Not as crisp as the digital camera photos I’ll post one of these days, but good enough. Funny thing about going to the shore once a year – girls look a lot older from a distance. As one sits on the sand a looks at a bikini-clad female from a distance, one thinks “Wow! She’s really fills that bikini well!” Then as she comes closer and closer, one realizes that she’s probably only fifteen or sixteen and a bit too young to be thinking pervy thoughts about. Oh well…

1 comment:

badside said...

LOL, Don't feel too bad, I think all guys at some point catch themselves looking at younger girls and feel bad, I have too (blushing). Sounds like a wonderful vacay...except the rain/hail/fog part.