Thursday, March 06, 2008

Argh! Time to buy yet another appliance - the refrigerator in the basement died last night. It was the one that the previous owners of my house left when they moved, so it was over 11 years old. It is just used for beer, water, juice, anything too large or spillover from the main fridge. It had been on its last leg for some time now, and I wanted to buy a new one when I bought the clothes washer.

However, the refrigerator manufacturers and appliance stores seem to be in a conspiracy against me. I want an Energy Star qualified, top-freezer, white fridge that is between 18 and 21 cubic feet in volume. I checked the Sears website - all of the Kenmores had low ratings due to noise. Nothing else there that fits the bill. Lowes and Home Depot had some that did, until I hit the "Availability" button and discovered that they are either not available or won't be until April. Same story when I checked again today.

If you work for a major appliance company, please read this: I want to spend some money! Make something that I want to buy!!

No comments: