One thing that has been on my mind and bothering me is something that happened on Sunday. I was driving to Ikea to buy a new desk lamp. I'm in the left lane (the lane that's going straight), and a big black Suburban comes up quickly behind me, so I speed up because I think its going to hit me. Then it pulls into the right lane (the lane that veers of to the right up ahead), and I figure its going to turn right. It pulls up along side of me and starts drifting towards me, no turn signals. So I speed up again to get out of its way. It does veer off to the right. Then a few moments later its behind me again, honking its horn like crazy. I pull into the parking lot, and it pulls up next to me, screaming something and honking at me. I ignored it and continued through the lot. It kept following me, so I turned around and started going back the way I came. After some more honking and screaming, it finally turned away from me and left the area. After this all happened, I realised that this person was probably trying to pass me on the right and became angry at me for not accommodating it. Where were the turn signals? I didn't see any. When has it become acceptable to pass in the right lane, especially when that lane is the right turn only lane? If they wanted to keep going straight, they should have just stayed behind me. I don't think I did anything wrong.
Here's TMI Tuesday #119!
1. What was your favorite book as a kid? "Rocket Ship Galileo" by Robert A. Heinlein. I read it in 5th grade as an assignment for a book report. Before that I really didn't have much interest in reading anything other than comics. After reading it I was hooked on science fiction! I spent most of my allowance on science fiction paperbacks in those days, and I occasionally re-read them. Its a big reason why I went into engineering.
2. If you were stranded on that proverbial desert island (again!), what book or books (up to 5) would you want to have with you?
- "How To Be A Survivor"
- "Survive on a Desert Island"
- A very, very large phone book - to start fires with
- "The Great Big Book of Everything" - it has everything inside!
- The "real" Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
3. What was the first "naughty" book you read and in what way was it naughty? Probably one of my mom's drawing books when I was a child. She was a pretty good painter back in the day. It was a book to teach one how to draw the human form, and it had lots of nekkid drawings and photos. I just liked it because of the nekkid women.
4. If you were to publish your autobiography today, what would be the title? "Slightly Above Average" If I look at my life in numbers, I'm about average. Average height & weight. Average salary (for my profession). My current job is to keep the place running, to keep it average. Slightly above average running times for my age group for the various distances I've run. My house is about average for the neighborhood. My grades were excellent in high school, and about average in college.
5. Would you rather look at nude pictures/pornography or read erotic fiction and why? Look at pictures. I'm a guy - we're all about the visual thing. To be fair, I haven't really given erotic fiction too much of a chance. I'd much rather read about real erotic experiences. When I read about someones actual erotic experience, there's a chance (slim) that I could have a similar experience. Knowing that it actually happened makes it "hotter." Erotic fiction doesn't have that edge. Somebody fabricated it. The story developed as the author wanted it to develop. In real life there are always unexpected twists and turns. This is in contrast to the science fiction that I like to read. In science fiction, there's usually no chance that I could ever have those experiences in my lifetime, so reading about them is the only way I'll know about it.
Bonus (as in optional): Do you know the whereabouts today of the first person with whom you had sex? Yes.
10 comments:
You were correct regarding the black Suburban situation.
Love your succinct, straight to the point bonus answer!!
Beware of crazy drivers!
And I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy too...
Happy TMI!
Actually the first person i had sex with is actually an employee of my brother now.
Bravo to #4 and I'm with you on #5.
Ron
Very nice answers! I enjoyed your answer to 4 most. Sounds like it would be quite the fitting title indeed. Happy Tuesday!
Sounds like that driver had road rage.
Loved the answer to Title of your autobiography and the reasons behind it.
And glad to hear your stress fracture is healing. I know it must be frustrating it is taking so long but don't rush it. You want it to heal correctly so you will have it strong when you run again.
xo
Roooad rage! At least an accident didn't come from that silly driver.
Great answers! I love #4. Happy TMI!
You handled the driving incident well. The streets just aren't safe, that's one thing that gets drilled in my head whenever I'm out driving. You just see so many bone head moves, makes you wonder what or IF they're even thinking when they drive!
Happy (belated) TMI
You didn't do anything wrong and any driver that is that crazy....I means seriously, even if they were trying to pass what crazy person then follows someone into the parking lot and of an ikea of all places. The big black gas guzzler is just angry because it costs him way too much to fill up the beast. and he probably hadn't been laid in a while.
Post a Comment