Random thoughts for Friday
"Hurry up! and wait."
That seems to be the theme of work these last couple weeks. Something happens, so we scramble around like mad hornets to get the parts, create the paperwork, line up the contractors to do the mechanical work, then we wait while the paperwork gets approved so we can actually do the work. And by that time we have to "hurry up" to complete the work because management sat on the paperwork too long even though they are the ones that set the deadlines. Then the repaired equipment sits idle because they changed the schedule. Oh well, such is life.
Cell Phone Spam
Have you received any spam text messages on your cell phone yet? I've received a few. If you have, don't delete them right away. Contact your service provider and let them know you've received a spam text message and who sent it. They might give you credit for it, and also help you block future spam.
MBA School
Anyone here have an MBA? I've been thinking lately about considering to think more seriously about earning one. I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, it may enable me to earn a bigger salary, do different things where I work, and the company will pay for it if my grades are high enough. On the other hand, those job opportunities may take me away from engineering (better yet, get me out of the "hurry up! and wait" job), perhaps put me into middle management (they get the axe first, it seems, when it comes to layoffs). So I'm not sure. Perhaps I should work on earning something else. I just want to feel more productive about my work.
Fun on a Friday
Here's something fun to do while you're sitting here at your computer. You'll need to turn the sound on, and you'll need a microphone (hopefully your computer has one built in).
3 comments:
I was considering an MBA, but decided to get a Masters in Economics instead. There are some good schools that have online MBAs that I hear are very good (Colorado State is one of them). It's never a bad thing to continue your education, and if your company will pay for it, why not? I would at least chat with some people about it... The good thing about MBAs is that they are useful compliments to so many other disciplines/interests! I say go for it!
Husband #2 is in the process of his MBA at UCSD. The pay difference between senior software engineer and senior project manager is BIG.
I've had to or three spam text messages ever, they are usually in Spanish. I ignore and delete them.
Thanks for the encouragement! Now I just have to start researching entrance requirements and stuff like that.
Post a Comment