Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Well at least they didn't lose as bad as last year. The Buckeyes were their own worst enemy last night in New Orleans against LSU. Two personal fouls in a row, then more later. Three interceptions. A blocked field goal kick. If they played a tighter game, the score would have been much closer than 38-24. I don't think they would have won, but at least it would have been a more closely matched game. Just like last year, they scored first and seemed confident. A bit too confident, perhaps, for their own good.

Two losses in a row at the National Championship game. I've the feeling that even if they go undefeated next season, no one will have the confidence in them to rank them high enough to give them another bid for it. Not for a long time, and not unless there are some changes in the coaching staff. I like Tressel, it might be time for a change in the assistant coaching staff. They started the season ranked 7th, and they played like that last night. I agree with the BCS for looking into a 4-team playoff system in the future. It will at least get a better match-up for the title game.

I just need more coffee to stay awake today...

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I'm sorry the Buckeyes lost. I was really pulling for them. The Big Ten overall had a sucky bowl season. They sent 8 teams to bowls, which was good, but Michigan over Florida was the only significant win. ARRGGHH!!

wisdomstuff said...

Sorry to hear about the Bucks but I do like LSU, mainly because I am a big New Orleans fan, the city not the football team and they are from that area. Girls have the weirdest reasons for liking sports teams.