Monday, August 07, 2006

Vacation Report

Argh! The Monday morning after 9 days of vacation is the toughest day of the week. I was so getting used to sleeping in until 8AM. That 5:30AM alarm this morning interrupted some prime sleeping time.

Anyway, my vacation was great. We went to Avalon / Stone Harbor, NJ. We go about the same week every year and it seems to be a very lucky week to go. Last week was the Heat Wave that gripped most of the country. A few years ago we missed the blackout that hit most of the North East. It was hot “down the Shore” last week as well, but the heat was more bearable being able to slip into the pool or jump into the Atlantic Ocean whenever I got too hot. The ocean temperature was cool during the week up until Saturday. When the winds shifted around, the ocean temperature warmed to almost bath-water temperature, and the pool was almost too warm. My diet consisted mostly of seafood, ice cream, and beer.

There are a few things I look forward to when we go to the Shore. First, naturally, is the sight of all those women in bikinis. I think the bikini is the perfect swimsuit for almost all women. (The exceptions being the greatly obese.) I hear about the grueling experience of swimsuit shopping women go through – it has to cover this, it has to support that, etc. All for nothing in my mind. Just buy the bikini. Men are not going to avoid looking at, or approaching, a woman because her swimsuit is not a color of his liking, or it doesn’t cover that scar, or it makes her thighs look fat. We’re much more shallow that that. There’s nary a woman that I didn’t think looked great no matter her age or shape. The only problem I had, if it is a problem, was looking a woman, thinking “Wow! She has a great ass and legs!”, only to find that when she turned around, I could then tell by looking at her face that she was 16-18 years old. D’oh!

I would have liked to have worn a Speedo-style swim-suit, however, this being a family-oriented part of NJ and the fact that I’m neither Canadian nor gay, decorum dictated that I wear the longer surfer-style suits. Now I have an untanned section of skin from my waist almost down to my knees. Cinders and ashes!

There’s one pancake house that I really like to eat at (I’ll avoid naming the place lest the search engines bring unwanted visitors here. It’s a small chain along the Jersey Shore.) The food is great. The waitresses are even better! They are all women in their late teens and early twenties. Their uniform consists of white sneakers and white tennis dresses that are heavenly to behold. The dresses are short (mini-skirt length) so as to show off their long and tan legs. That would be enough to satisfy me any day of the year. However, the dresses are also thin enough that their panties are easily visible through them. Yep, I’m a perv. The one day we were there I got a great seat at a great table – right up front near the kitchen. Most people would hate this as there is a lot of activity and noise. Not me. The waitresses line up along the counter to fetch the plates of hot pancakes – great for panty viewing. I’m sure they know that people can see them – kudos to the owner for picking out the uniform! Most of the waitresses were wearing white briefs, a few had on white string bikinis, and a couple had white panties with colored piping outlining them or words written across the back (couldn’t quite make out what the words were, tho). The one older (late 30’s) waitress was wearing granny panties – argh!


The other things I like about the shore are eating ice cream and drinking beer every day. Not that there’s anything from preventing me from doing this at home, but at the shore I can be more decadent. There’s a wealth of mom & pop ice cream shops along with a few chain stores. One could eat at a different place every night and still have another week’s worth of places to visit. I did. The beer selection at any of the bars or stores is not great by any means. However, in NJ one can buy beer by the six-pack, not just by the case as in PA. I was able to find a couple of beers that I had not sampled previously. I read a lot as well. My preference for Shore reading are science fiction short-story anthologies. Most of the stories are just long enough to read before needing to take a dip or go for a walk.

1 comment:

Dee's Husband Joe said...

There’s nary a woman that I didn’t think looked great no matter her age or shape.

Good for you, Sheen! That's the way I see 'em too. If only they believed us when we tell them that they look great in spite of what they consider their own flaws.

Joe