Not much going on these days. Work has been busy and its been hot & rainy out there. As usual, I've been reading & discovering other blogs more than working on my own.
Running
I'm running in another 5K next week and I hope I can get two more runs in by then. So far this year I've been doing very well. My times are down a bit and I'm feeling better throughout the runs. I haven't placed in my age group yet, there's just too many 30-39 year olds in these races. If there's a plus side to turning 40, its that I might actually place in the 40-49 group.
Homebrewing
I brewed a 5-gallon batch of beer over the 4th of July weekend, a clone of Anchor's Steam beer. I mostly brew porters, so this foray into an ale is something new. I'll bottle it this weekend and should have drinkable results a month after that.
Cell phones
Three times in the last week I've entered a public restroom and found that one or more of the other users are talking on their cell phones while disposing of thier waste. Inconsiderate if you ask me. I mean, what does the person on the other end think when they hear the various restroom sounds? Does the person in the stall or standing at the urinal think they can't hear them? I hope they're not expecting me to not flush just so they can have a conversation.
3 comments:
Is there a place where you vote on the quality of a blog? If there is, I would like to nominate Sheen V's Place as one of the best anywhere. You do a great job with your blog. I look forward to new postings.
Hi Sheen...
Just saw you visited our place. Nice to "meet" you. Glad to know someone else out here living life and pursuing the dream. :-)
swan
phones in the bathroom? nasty!
Post a Comment