Thursday, July 20, 2006

Giddy as a Schoolgirl

That's what I become when I'm around very beautiful women. Even if its just for a moment, say at the bank or grocery store. I start to fumble, stutter, loose my train of thought, and have a hard time maintaining any sort of eye contact. Kind of like Clark Kent (from the Christopher Reeves-era Superman). Just today I spoke to a friend that I'd not seen in a while or at least not just in passing. She's at least ten years younger than me and I had met her about five years ago. Even back then when we'd talk I'd always think to myself "Argh! Can't I think of something more interesting to talk about than the weather or the price of tea in China?!" Luckily, another common friend was with her today so he kept the conversation intelligent. Man, is she a hottie!

Back to running. The storms that hit Pennsylvania Tuesday night left some wide spread power outages and lots of downed trees. Due to this, a 5K that I was set to run on Wednesday was cancelled as the police weren’t able to provide adequate traffic control for it. Bummer. I was all set to run a good race yesterday. They’re going to reschedule it. I just hope its not while I’m on vacation in a couple weeks. This year a bunch of the race organizers met and decided to have a county race series. The more races one runs, the better chance for winning a prize. If one enters a certain number of races this year, they’ll pay the entry fee for one race next year. I just checked the rankings. Of the 2,500 people who’ve run at least one of the five races in the series this year, there are about 50 that have run a majority of the races, me included. So my chances of winning some sort of prize may actually be pretty good.

No comments: