Anyone regularly use condoms? I do. It is our preferred method of birth control. Just the thought of someone snipping my pipes is enough to make me nauseous. And neither of us wants her on the pill. Sure, millions take it, but why take a drug if it is not needed. That's all I want to say about that - I have no interest in starting a debate about birth control methods.
What I do want to talk about is the variety of condoms available out there. All puns certainly intended. I raise the subject because we need more and, instead of going down to the local drugstore and picking from their limited variety, I did a search on the Web. I found a multitude of them. For all the bumps, ridges, over-sized ends, twisted ends, thin walls, thick walls, and lubricants, has anyone noticed any difference in the sensations they do or do not generate?
I've used smooth, ribbed, and studded. I'm not sure I've noticed any difference, and neither has she. The problem, as I see it, is that it is very difficult to measure the sensations. I mean, I'm not sure I'd be able to start having sex with one style, stop before climax, change to another, go at it a few more minutes, stop, change, repeat, all the while thinking about if this one is better than the last. That's a hard thing to do. My stamina isn't all that staminous, so to speak. "Stop moaning, I'm trying to concentrate!" And trying to remember differences between them on separate days would be tough to.
I suppose we could slip the various types on a dildo and have her try them out, if she were willing to do so. That brings on another set of variables - can she feel the first one more because she's just starting and not too wet, or does the second or third one feel better because she's getting closer to climax? There are too many other variables involved in what makes sex great. Over analyzing again, argh!
So, what have been your experiences?
2 comments:
We always used to use condoms, before we had the kids. We used Durex. We did try ribbed once, and I can't say it felt much difference to me.
The funniest thing was, we tried a french tickler once. It said on the packet that it was not a reliable form of contraception so he put a regular condom on, then the french tickler on top. LOL, with all these tickler bits sticking out of it, he couldn't even get it inside me, and he couldn't feel anything anyway...so we gave up. lol.
Annette
You could always do the 'sampler pack' idea. Most sex shops online carry condom 'sampler packs'. Set aside the wrappers of the ones you like, order a box next time.
Post a Comment