To continue my thoughts from the last post, the kicker for me is being alone while on these trips - something I hate. The appeal of the Internet is the easy way of connecting with others, and that then makes the idea of meeting people IRL even more tempting. Conversely, I like being around people, but hanging out with folks from work is the last thing I want to do on these trips. I'm not looking forward to January when one of my co-workers will be going with me for at least one of the trips.
So the trip for next week is booked, only four days instead of five. What's on the after work agenda? Running two or maybe three of the nights for sure. I do have some Christmas shopping to do, so I should plan a trip to the outlet mall. There is also a Jai Alai arena there. I've seen the sign while going to the airport and thought about going to see a match. And I've never driven through Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, so that could be something to do. There's a Blockbuster nearby, so there's renting a movie or two.
3 comments:
Sounds like maybe you're looking to move forward to a new phase of life? I'd say proceed with extreme caution because you can't go backwards IRL. Right now the fantasy is pretty rewarding, maybe you need to examine things introspectively before you go ahead any further. I know what you mean about meeting other CDs and being alone together; I'd imagine it might be freeing, but could also be weird and uncomfortable. Depends on the person completely. Have fun on the trip!
Sheen, I can't top Badside's advice.
Renting a movie isn't exactly getting out there. Why not go to a movie instead. There are second runs everywhere. I'm sure in Florida they can be had for less than $5, probably $2 or $3.
Why can't you take your laptop to Starbucks and combine your passions? You'll be out and connecting with weird friends at the same time.
In any case, have a safe trip and fun visit.
Sounds great to me. Enjoy yourself! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Post a Comment