Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 2 (posted on Day 3): I stared out yesterday afterwork planning to be good. I showered, changed, and went to the big Sawgrass Outlet Mall to do some Christmas shopping. And I stayed good there - only buying "work" panties (plain cotton whities that I wear under my work clothes) to replace the worn out ones, and a sweater at Banana Republic. Dinner was take-out from PF Changs, and the beer I drank while eating in my hotel room was a Santa's Butt porter. That's when trouble started. I had planned on just watching "Watchmen" last night and getting a good night's rest. The pint of beer with 8% ABV was just enough for me to start surfing the web while eating (and the panties I was wearing (and nothing else)) just added to my salacious thoughts. I watched a few porn vids and chatted with a few Yahoo chat friends. Then, just as I was ready to 'spill the beans', some malware started downloading on my laptop. So I spent the next 2 hours exorcising the demons. Kharma I guess.

Day 3 (today): Not much has gone right at work today. Maybe the afternoon will be more productive. It's been pouring down rain here too. I went out for lunch to a Cuban diner for take-out. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "I'd like to order a choripan and a naranja to drink." (a Spanish sausage sandwich and a fresh-squeezed orange juice)
Cuban waitress : "Chicharron de pollo y dos naranja?" (marinated chicken chunks with rice & onions, a side of black beans, another side dish, and two orange juices)
Me: "No, una choripan and an oraange juice.
Her: "Una chicarron y dos naranja."
Me: "No." Me pointing to the menu at the choripan. "Una choripan."
Her: "Okay."

Ten minutes later I have an order of chicharron de pollo and I had to stop her from making the second orange juice. I thought about sending it back, but I had to get back to work. After eating about 1/2 a chicken and all of that rice, I'd have to say that was about the best chicken I've had in a very long time! I don't have room to eat the french fries and black beans. So maybe the afternoon will go better...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naranja. Yeah, fresh squeezed. I think they've got their juice machine attached to a can of Hi-C or something. I'm not a fan.

Anyway, you know I'm only looking out for your best interest Sheen. After that big lunch you'd better get out there and put in some mileage, bitch. And despite what the hippy chicks think, it won't kill a tree or a seal if you wear a bra!

SheenV said...

I did run after work, but since it was raining it was on a dreadmill. Showered, then put on some nice things for a trip to Starbucks.

Treacle said...

What a very strange interaction. Maybe she was telling you they don't do sausage?

There's a lingerie giveaway for a black satin bra, panty, and garter belt set worth $85 happening on my blog right now. You should totally go enter! ;-)

http://www.stockingsandlingerieblog.com

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and healthy new year.
"Don't"