Sunday, November 02, 2008

I was one of the 2 million+ folks at the Phillies World Series Championship Parade on Friday. Well, I should say that I was part of the crowd as I didn't actually see the parade. We arrived at the train station about 2-1/2 hours before the parade was set to start. Train after train after train blew by the station, full of people from further up the route. The newspaper and radio told everyone to take regional rail, and this time everyone listened. From what I heard the roads were empty. Anyway, we finally boarded a train at about 11:20 only to arrive in Center City Philly about 20 minutes after the parade had past. So we just walked around to be part of the crowd. Here are some photos of the day. The trip home was mostly standing in line for a train for 2 hours, then being packed like sardines in the train.

From After the Phillies Parade


From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

From After the Phillies Parade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful crowd shots.

I guess it was one of those times when it paid to live at the end of the line. What a shame you put in so much effort to get there and arrived too late.