Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I received another early Christmas present yesterday. Or more like, I was randomly picked for it. I went to the barber shop for a haircut and the girl that I'm all ga-ga over cut my hair. Some background: The barbershop I go to is a very traditional place - barber pole, mostly male customers, sports memorabilia on the walls, antique barbering equipment on display, sports always on the televisions. They have a little pony chair for small kids, and give kids a certificate for their first haircuts. The place was started by the grandfather of the current owner, so it has a very homey feel to it. You can make an appointment, but most people just wait for the next available barber. I think there are 4 men and 5-6 women barbers there. One of the women is just the bomb! Since I always just put my name on the waiting list, she rarely cuts my hair. Last night I was lucky enough to sit in her chair. Not only is she very easy on the eyes, she does a great job. I'm one of those guys who gets a bit tongue-tied around pretty women, so I didn't have much to say. Needless to say, it was a great way to end a pretty boring day.

A question for the readers: How much do you tip you barber/beautician/hairstylist? My haircut was $16, and I usually let them keep the change. Is a 25% tip too much, too little, or about right? Its just the standard haircut - they don't wash your hair beforehand, or do any fancy styling other than some gel.

9 comments:

badside said...

There's something that can be sensual about a hair cut from an attractive female. The closeness, you can feel her body heat next to yours, smell her perfume, feel her soft hands touching you. Reminds me of my old stylist, pretty girl, great hands, she was a lipstick lesbian. Probably too late, but I saw some cute jammies over on the Playboy store site. You can always give them to her later for a surprise!

Rat In A Cage said...

Right on with tthe 20% - more importantly - COVERT PHOTOS!!!

Evening said...

I just stopped by to say Merry Christmas to you Sheen V. But I have to tell you that I am a hairdresser. I don't think there is a right or wrong tip. If you like your haircut, give what you think is appropriate. if you don't. Don't tip.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
xo

badside said...

Merry Christmas Sheen!

Anonymous said...

Well since it's after Chritmas, we hope you had a good one. Happy new year we like to wish you.

When it comes to your question, in The Netherlands you don't tip at all. All inclusive, so 0%. However when in the US, we would say 15-20% is OK.

Finally like badside cutting hair can be sensual, even erotic. We hope you had a nice view of her boobs and like Mike he once got a real hardon when he was cut by a sexy girl :)

Love, Mike and Eva xx

Like Riding A Bike said...

I tip depending how good a job they did and how cute there are. So it can get quite expensive ;-)

Anonymous said...

I usually tip around 20%, but my question is: Should you tip her if she owns the shop?

SheenV said...

20% it is then by the popular vote. That's been my guide, and I usually round up to the nearest whole dollar.

Rambeau, I've wondered that as well, as the owner has cut my hair a few times.

The Fellatio Artist & The Geek said...

I shave my head these days, but when I did get my hair cut I always felt awkward with male barbers unless they were old time old guys (my mom cut my hair till I moved out at 18)

It felt so incredibly intimate when a pretty girl cut my hair, I too was tongue tied. I felt similarly docile when my wife used to cut it.