Monday, October 22, 2007

The thrill of victory:
Buckeyes 8-0!! Next up: at Penn State. A game in Happy Valley is always a tough one as the crowd has a huge influence on the game.


The agony of defeat:
1. The Indians lost. Arghh!! They just didn't seem to have it in them the last two games. Arghh!!


2. I ran, or I should say hobbled, through a 5K on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I have shin splints in my right leg as reported two weeks ago. I did the RICE thing (rest, ice, compression, elevation) for about the last ten days and thought I could run fine on Saturday. No dice. I ran somewhat well for the first half, then slowed with the least amount of limp that I could handle for the last half. And then we determined that the course wasn't a full 5K. Everyone I spoke to said that their times were at least 2 minutes faster than any previous 5K ran. I finished in 21:25 which is well below my previous best time despite my leg. The organizers said they GPSed it twice. They should have really used a measuring wheel to measure it. And they only went 1 deep in the awards. Cute Girl won her age division, and I could have placed 2nd in mine if my leg were OK. Now I know the lesson: RICE until its better, even if it means missing a race that Cute Girl is at.

No comments: