Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Book MeMe

I copied this meme from Hiromi:

1. One book that changed your life.
Not really an earth-shattering change, but Dune by Frank Herbert (science fiction) really drove home the concept of conservation and recycling.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once.
I can't just stop at one: Dune (and the rest of the series that Frank wrote), The Lord of the Rings series, The Joy of Homebrewing, Cosmos, and a bunch of the '70's Star Trek books.


3. One Book That You'd Want On A Deserted Island: Gardening for One on a Desert Island. No, its not a real book.

4. One Book That Made You Laugh: Sienfeld

5. One Book That Made You Cry.
None that I can think of, although my differential equations math course book in college made me come close to crying in frustration.

6. One Book That You Wish You Had Written.
SPC for the Rest of Us. Its a great book on explaining statistical process control. I'm not a statistician, but this book really made sense of the subject to me.

7. One Book You Wish Had Never Been Written.

Don't know. I'm sure there's one that is so poorly written that it doesn't make any sense to anyone but the author.

8. One Book That You Are Reading Right Now.
I'm between books right now. The next one will be Dune: The Machine Crusade. As I mentioned in a previous post, these new books aren't as great as the originals, but its interesting to see how the stories develop.

9. One Book That You Have Been Meaning To Read.
I've a long list of them. I've read several science fiction "Best of..." Compilations of various authors' short stories that I'd like to read more of some of the authors.

10. Tag five others that you would like to do this meme.
To quote Hiromi "Anyone who's reading this, but please let me know in comments so I can go have a look."

No comments: