Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This week's new shoes! The first store I went to didn't have much in my size. The two women there knew I was looking for women's shoes, so that felt good. The next store had these and a pair of oxfords with a 1" heel. You know me, I had to go sexy! Anyway, the mother and daughter in the check out line in front of me saw my shoes, but didn't say anything. The two tattooed chicks behind me didn't either. However, the salesgirl asked if I wanted to look at purses or jewelry. I said no, not today, but I wish they had a bigger selection in my size. She smiled and I said that there were a few pairs in the next size down that were cute, but just too small.

4 comments:

Treacle said...

I never used to be into shoes, but I find myself craving a decadent pair of patent peeptoe platforms (try saying that three times fast!) lately. Any tips for the less experienced shoe shopper?

SheenV said...

Treacle,

I'm by no means an expert of women's shoes, and I'm flattered that you're asking me. The first thing to do is just go shopping and try them on. At a place like DSW (a shoe discount warehouse) you can try on as many as you like and not worry about a salesperson wondering if you're going to buy something. As usual, good quality shoes will fit and feel better than the cheap ones. Hope that helps!

doll said...

SheenV those shoes will make you look fantastic. You can go slutty or elegant with them.


Treacle, as always when buying shoes don't buy if your feet are hot because you will end up with the wrong size. The heel has to be properly positioned and not just a fashion statement or the shoes will be too uncomfortable to wear for any length of time. Leather is much better than plastic. Cheap shoes can be just as good as expensive shoes as long as you buy with care and not with lust.

Treacle said...

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it. :-)