Not much new going on lately. Tuesday I was out with the running club and ran 6 miles with them. Afterwards we had pizza and beer. My only choices were Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light - and water (just about the same as the first three). I chose Bud which I haven't had in years. I should have picked the water. I mean, Bud Light has so little taste and body that water really is a better choice.
And does anyone know the differences between rugby and Australian rules football? They've been showing one or the other on cable lately and I'm not sure which one it is. It is from Australia, and they do call it "rugby". Not being too familiar with either confuses me. They're not wearing traditional rugby shirts (heavy cotton, stripes, etc.).
Another trip coming up on June 29. Not sure what plans I have for that week other than running. And masturbating. Any suggestions?
Edited on 19JUN09 to add from Miss AJ:
"Well for starters there are a lot more men on the field in aussie rules. Also there isn't the same degree of physical tackling so a lot less opportunity to watch men coming to grips with each other. I don't watch AFL although living in the home state as I prefer rugby league. Rugby league is a dumbed down rugby designed for the viewer rather then the player. So it still has physical tackling but the players have to get up quicker and get the ball moving faster. AFL has a lot more kicking and the players have to get rid of the ball faster. I have never understood footy rules so can't help you there.
So how many men are on the field with the shows you are watching. If it is 18 on each side and they pass the ball to each other very quickly it is likely to be AFL. If there are 13 men aside and they hold on to the ball longer and get down and dirty with each other it will be some form of rugby."
Great information, Miss AJ!
3 comments:
I forgot to say that in AFL the men are taller and thinner and jump higher. In rugby they are shorter, have a chunkier build and don't jump very much. I think in AFL the shirts are sleeveless whilst in rugby they have sleeves.
I spoke to my son about it and here is the definitive answer that only a guy could come up with.....
In AFL there are four upright goal posts at either end with no crossbar and the pitch is oval shaped.
In rugby there are two upright goal posts at each end joined by a crossbar and the pitch is rectangular.
Vastly different games quite clearly!!!
Thanks for the further update, AJ! Over the weekend another channel did show an AFL game exactly as described. Now I know a little bit more.
Post a Comment