Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Hope everyone out there in Blogland had a great Christmas. Ours was very good - too much food (mmm, and I do love the left-overs!), and presents for everyone. This year we did a bit less than usual, and luck was on our side to make it better.

A couple days before Christmas the running club had a Prediction Run - you guess the time it takes to run the course, and whomever finishes closest to their time wins. I had never run the course before, the distance was an odd one, and I've been running inconsistently lately, so I just guessed a bit longer than the guy next to me before the race started. I ran with another guy in the club for a most of the race until the cold got the best of me and I started slowing down. I finally reached the finish line thinking I was way past my guess. Well, as luck would have it, I was the closest in the whole club, so I won a new pair of running shoes!

On another blog I saw a contest for the funniest Christmas story, and the winner would win a one-of-a-kind tote bag. I entered the story of our Christmas tree falling over after we finished decorating it just a few days earlier. Again, I didn't think too much of it. And again, I won! So my snookums got the bag for Christmas.


Hopefully your Christmas was just as fun and memorable. Have a safe and Happy New Year if I don't post in the mean time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Christmas luck! That just goes to show that all you have to do is just jump in on life and try things and you never know the outcome. You don't win if you don't try!!

badside said...

Happy New Year Sheen!