Monday, September 10, 2007

Buckeyes 2-0!! Michigan 0-2!! This season is starting out on the right path.

Beer: Draught vs. bottles. I recently read on a blog somewhere (forgot the reference) that the author had the opinion that bottled beer was being snubbed by beer geeks in favor of draught beer at bars. His opinion was that beer geeks assume that draught beer is fresher and better tasting than the same beer that is also available in bottles at the bar. I disagree. I believe people are looking at ounces per dollar. Many times I've seen that bottled beer (12 oz) costs more than draught (16 oz). The exceptions are Happy Hour discounts. I'd rather pay more for less. Also, depending on the cleanliness of the draught system and glassware, a draught beer may be much worse than bottled - the lines may not have been cleaned, the beer may have been sitting in the lines for an unknown amount of time, dirty glasses may have just been dunked into plain water or dirty soapy water, or the bartender and/or waitstaff may have poured/served the wrong one. At least in a bottle one knows that what's inside is what's on the label. And that the bottle was clean before filling. Enough already...

The Philly Distance run is this Sunday. I feel ready and am looking forward to running my first 1/2 marathon. I should not be counting my chickens before they hatch, but - I've started planning my training routine for the Philly Marathon in November. I can wait to register almost up until race day, so if I'm not in shape for the full, I'll just run the half.

TMI Tuesday #100

1. Where was the first place you ever had sex? A hotel room.

2. Does size matter? (open to interpretation boys and girls). Not really. Breast size doesn't do much for me, large or small. Same with height, legs, butt, and feet. "Is it well proportioned?" is the better question.

3. Have you ever had sex in your office or your place of employment? No, and I don't think I'd want to. My office is temporarily in a trailer, very thin walls, and not a very comfortable place. I've had the daydream in meetings where the meeting turns into an orgy though.

4. Ever been skinny dipping? Yes. The risk of being caught made it fun and exciting. The most recent time was back in 2001 or 2002 while I was in Puerto Rico for work. I was staying in a condominium complex that had an outdoor pool on the top floor. I used to go there late at night and float around nekkid. One time I went up there I heard voices and left - I figured they should enjoy the privacy as I had many times.

5. Top or bottom? Bottom, ma'am. I'll take the submissive role just about anywhere or anytime I can. Although I'll take the top bunk bed.

Bonus: Where were you September 11, 2001? What were you doing when you first heard about the twin towers? I was working in Puerto Rico. I was in an office working alone all morning and then had to go get a document from another office. I walked in to what I thought would be an empty office and found it full of people looking at the computer. They told me and showed me a picture on a website. I didn't believe it and said it was just some sort of Photoshop hoax. They turned on a radio and looked at several other websites. Then it sunk in. By noon they let everyone go home as no one could work. The island was eerily silent the rest of the day. No one was on the roads or outdoors. I met up with some co-workers in a restaurant later in the day to eat and watch the coverage. As the airports were closed and didn't re-open until the weekend, and I was planning on going back the next week anyway, I decided to spend the weekend there and do some sight-seeing.

9 comments:

Enyo said...

lol I'm totally on the bottom bunk...I can't even count the number of times I fell out of my loft in college...completely cured me of EVER wanting to sleep on the top bunk...but otherwise...I'll take the top please *smiles sweetly*

BirdMadGirl said...

I'm just bouncing with how Michigan is failing this year and my beloved Buckeyes are on their way to another stellar season :) (we won't mention the disaster that occurred at the end of the season last year, however) ;)


My mind always plays out turning every group I'm in into an orgy. I can't help it - it's how my mind works... so I understand that bit perfectly.


In regard to the 9/11 info, "eerily silent" is a perfect way to describe that day. I was in downtown Nashville and the silence was unbearable.
xox

Bunny said...

I've had the orgy daydream at church functions - how sick is that?

Happy TMI on this most unhappy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Great answers. I have a couple of coworkers who I wouldn't mind trying #3 with.

Anonymous said...

Beer bottles are definitely usually the more expensive things. You can pay 4 bucks for a bottle or 7.50 for a whole damn pitcher at the bar I work in. A pitcher is equal to 3.5 bottles of beer there too. Do the math and you figure out what the better deal is, lol. Some people still prefer the taste from a bottle though.

ANYWAY...

Awesome TMI answers! Happy Tuesday. =o)

Anonymous said...

Great! I love your #2...;-))
Happy TMI!

ash said...

I remember 911. I was in school, and a boy who was late came in and told the teacher about some tower being crashed into by planes. She eventually figured it out and had to go to the Principal's office to confirm. I was at a Christian school, and everyone went to the chapel so they could tell us about it. A pair of sisters whose uncle worked at the Pentagon went home, and then they sent the whole school home. It was confusing, as that wasn't a time when young people really watched the news much. Now we watch it all the time.

I've been to Puerto Rico. I went on a mission trip with my church's youth group in '05. It was amazing. I would really like to go back.

Oh, and I just noticed your random question answer on your profile page. Great answer!

Oh yeah. Go Blue!!!

LOL :-P

SheenV said...

Argh! How do I keep that Michigan scum from my blog?! lol

ash said...

Hey! You're the one who likes the Buckeyes... :-P