Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is there some tradition in particular that each year puts you into the Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Festivus) mood? Maybe not the cheery, sugary, “peace on earth, goodwill towards men/women/human/animal/plant/atomic structure” mood, but the “hey, its that time of year” mood. For me it is listening to “The Police at Christmas” recording that I made back in 1984 off of a radio special on WMMS 100.7FM in Cleveland, Ohio. I pretty much just listen to it at this time of year. It amazingly has held up all of these years; not too much degradation. The show featured live and studio recordings from the various albums, interviews with the band members and managers telling about their Christmas memories, and recordings from their solo projects. If you were/are a big fan of The Police, it is an excellent program. I need to transfer the tape to CD sometime soon before it wears out.

3 comments:

Al Sensu said...

For me it's evergreens. Although I'm Jewish, I love Christmas trees. No room for one right now, so we just have a wreath. But I love how they loo,, how they smell, and put some tasteful white lights on them -- gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the link!your blog is very nice! kiss
S15 www.mytits15.blogspot.com

La mujer said...

hi sheenV
I miss you and your blog


all the best in 2007

we deserve IT

!!!!
oxoxoxoxoxo