I have been tagged by Sonia-Belle, who asked me to name ten of LifeÂs Simple Pleasures. Here are 10 of my Life's Pleasures. Not the Top 10, not the bottom 10, just 10 on the list of n where n is an integer from 1 to infinity. It was tough not to include any of the items from the 'C' list.
1) Beer. Not the garden variety American Standard Lager (Bud, Miller, Coors), but the more flavorful microbrews. I prefer stouts, porters, and Marzen (Oktoberfest) styles. There are many brands I like - Brooklyn, Anchor, Stoudt's,Guinnesss, Great Lakes, Sam Adams to name a few, and I'm always looking for something I haven't tried. I'm a homebrewer. Nothing like satisfaction of enjoying the fruits of one's labors.
2) Running. I've been running over 20 years now. There's nothing like running in the morning while most people are still sleeping and enjoying the outdoors. Running in races is a lot of fun too - sharing a common fun experience. And new shoes every year!
3) Apples. My favorite fruit, specifically Granny Smith apples - crisp and tart. Great for eating and baking.
4) Science Fiction. Before I read my first science fiction book in probably the 5th grade (a Star Trek book), I wasn't much of a reader, and my grades reflected that. Since then, I've been a prolific reader. Bach then it was mostly Star Trek (pre-Next Generation), and lately I've been reading a lot of the 'classics' from the '50's and '60's.
5) Big 10 Football. I attended a Big 10 school and there's nothing like attending a game - the people, the traditions, the game.
6) The Ocean and the Beach. A place where many good things are combined - hot sun, cool water, sand, girls in bikinis, running on the beach, napping on the beach, swimming.
7) Skirts. An article of women's clothing that I love to see women wear. Great for showing oftheirr legs, feet, shoes, hosiery (or lack of), and flashing those panties (or lack of).
8) Leg Show magazine. To me this is the best of all of these types of magazines. Not just because it caters to my leg, feet, and hosiery fetish. Those combined with great photography, large & numerous pictures, beautiful women, and the quality of the printing make it a great magazine. There are other magazines of this caliber, but none combine all of the things that I like as it does. Hustler photographs are excellent and the girls are very beautiful, but there are a lot of other things in the magazine that turn me completely off. Playboy has the girls and photography, too, but not the content.
9) Sailing. I don't have a boat and I don't know how to sail, but I do like to go sailing. Its very relaxing and fun.
10) Vanilla. This is one of the scents that really turns me on. Whenever I smell it, it instantly relaxes me, and, if she's wearing it, puts me in the mood. Other perfumes take the back seat to vanilla.
5 comments:
Nice list...
I love reading science fiction too, especially Orson Scott Card and Robert Henlein. Have you read 'Ender's Game' or 'Pastwatch' ?
Football? That's such a guy thing... I will never understand it.
sonia, Haven't read any Card yet (I'll add it to the list!), but I've read a lot of Henlein - great stuff! Watching football at a stadium is much more exciting than on TV, and college football much more so than professional.
you seem very interesting
stepha, I try to be!
"napping on the beach"
a favorite of mine too...
Post a Comment