Thursday, September 15, 2005

Going to Denmark Next Week

Has anyone been to Copenhagen? I'm going there for a week late next week for business. I'll have a couple days to go sightseeing and I'm looking for some things to do. A few things that could be on the list:

1. Take the bus tour of the city. This is the typical tourist thing to do, and I see it as the best way to see everything easily.
2. Go to the Carlsberg brewery. I'm a beer enthusiast. Free tour, two free samples. There's at least on brewpub that I found on the net, Nørrebro Bryghus.
3. Maybe take the tour of one of the royal castles, Rosenborg Slot (Rosenborg Castle) or the Amalienborg Slot (Amalienborg Castle). Castles are cool places.
4. Not sure about the Tivoli Gardens. Its an amusement park and botanical garden.
5. Maybe a tour of the Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Factory.

Any suggestions on souvenirs? If I go to the porcelain factory I could probably find some good stuff to ship home, but they have stores here in the states. Legos are from Denmark, maybe there will be something unique there that's not available here. Postcards are a given (give me your address and I'll try to send you one). I haven't found much else that isindigenouss.

3 comments:

SheenV said...

Oh, how I hate being spammed.

... said...

I buy t-shirts everywhere I go for Genius Girl, and I get friends and relatives to buy them too. She has 7 or 8 countries plus several states. They have to mention the state/city/country on them, and they have to be purchased in that country (even if it's just an airport layover).
Plus I have an affliction with snowglobes - very kitsch.

aughra said...

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh. I would love a postcard. I collect them. Something local, something artistic. You can email me to get my addy.