I was visiting my parents house over the Labor Day weekend and I thought I'd share some memories of my childhood. They don't have anything to do with crossdressing, at least at a conscious level.
My bedroom at my parent's house (is it still mine? I haven't lived there since college) is on the second floor. A few miles away is a highway. Its too far away to hear traffic noise during the day. I can hear it at night. It is not so loud as to keep me awake. The crickets drown it out if there are a lot of them. It is sort of as a white noise with definite truck engine sounds. Every time I'm home I open my window at night to listen. It brings back the feeling of childhood in an abstract way. You're thinking "Highway traffic sounds bring back childhood memories? I can't stand traffic noise!" Well, its one of those contextual things. Taken out of context, it probably doesn't make any sense. If you were in my room, laying in bed, drapes open, moonlight shining in, it does.
And that is another childhood memory - looking at the moon. I was (and still am) an astronomy geek. We had a reflector telescope and my dad's binoculars to look at the night sky. My bedroom window is a great place to look at the moon. The window sill is high enough that I could prop my elbows on it to steady the binoculars, as well as the telescope on its tripod. We did a lot of observing. (I know you are thinking that we also looked at the neighboors, but there were no houses behind our.) The details we were able to see on the moon were incredible! One of these days I'll have to get a new telescope and find a place nearby to use it.
2 comments:
Our town used to have a raceway, and in the summer with my windows open I could hear them zooming around the track. And we had train tracks one street over. I love those two sounds. And ERnie Harwell calling Tiger baseball games on AM radio.
Thank you for reading and posting, aughra.
Post a Comment