Friday, July 22, 2005

Shopping

I love going shopping! I suppose I'm one of the few males that does, although that's typical for a CD. In a previous post I mentioned the brands and stores where I like to shop for women's clothes. It is fun for many reasons:

1) Preparing for the occasion. Before going clothes shopping, I make sure I'm dressed properly. Pantyhose or stockings & garter belt, and panties as that's what I'll be wearing under the clothes later, so I need to make sure everything fits well while shopping. I also need to make sure the clothes either shows or covers up whatever it is that I want to show or cover up. Slip on shoes are good for changing quickly.

2) Looking for and finding new styles as the seasons change. What's the new trend? Whatever it is, it is usually not for me. Capris? No. Camisoles as outerwear? No. Ugg boots? You've got to be kidding! Ponchos? No. Pointy-toe shoes? That's more like it. My style is more classical than trendy.

3) Trying on clothes. If a saleswoman asks if I need help finding something or a particular size, I usually tell them what I'm looking for. They've been very helpful and have told me what's on sale or what other items that I should consider. (If it is a guy asking, I tell them no to so they will leave me alone.) The excitement begins when I ask if I can try something on. Some saleswomen aren't phased by the question and lead me right to the dressing rooms. Others will pause a second as if they are trying to be sure of what they heard. Either response is exciting. She now knows that the clothes are for me, as do any of the other customers in the store if they've watched me browse.

A few times they've put me in the dressing room that is visible to the store. My guess is that they are checking up on me by being able to look at the bottom of the door. If they are, then they'll get a good look at my hosiery. If they ask how things fit, I tell them. In the friendlier stores a few times I've even opened the door to ask them what they think. What a rush!

The only store that I haven't tried to use the dressing rooms is Victoria's Secret. I've spoken to other CDs that have while dressed in either female or male clothes. Every time I've been there I just didn't get the right vibe from the salesgirls. I've asked for specific sizes or styles without a problem. For a while I had one of their Hosiery Club cards. I wish they sold their jeans and tops at the stores. I'd love to have a pair of thier jeans! Mail order just isn't the same as the brick-and-mortar experience.

4) Once I've found and bought the clothes, its time to head home to put them on!

2 comments:

aughra said...

I love that something like this brings you so much joy.

ash said...

Victoria's Secret sells their clothes in very few of their stores. They are usually somewhat seperate, and most are in major city areas. I know that there is one in Charleston, South Carolina. I've been to it, it is downtown :-) I am sure they must have one in New York, and probably a few in California. I am not sure though.