Sunday, June 24, 2012

Post-Marathon Post

Last Sunday was my second marathon.  I ran it about 2 minutes faster than my first.  I felt great the first 20 miles and then I started to slow down.  The downpour at mile 23 did help things once it stopped.  Next marathon? I'm not sure if or when I'll do another.  The time needed to train is just a bit too much at this time.  I could probably focus on improving my half-marathon times - time better spent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what was the result? Or afraid we'll pick you out by identifying on-line results?

I was thinking about you today. I saw a dude running along the road wearing a "racer-back" shirt. That is, unlike a man's usual tank, the arm cutouts were scooped more in the back like a woman's version. (Which as you and I know are much more comfortable than the traditional man's cut.)

I don't know if the manufacturers have caught on and this is a new man's style, or he was wearing a woman's shirt, but I found it interesting anyway. Thought you might too.

badside said...

Sheen, congrats on putting another marathon under your garter belt; that's quite an achievement. With less time spent training for races, perhaps you can find a Mistress to train you in other ways?!! ;^)

SheenV said...

JamieLin, I was between 3:45 and 3:58. Lots of nice looking women in the race too!

Badside - I can only hope! Work will be going to 6-day, 12-hr shifts in a few weeks for a couple months. Maybe if I pretend I'm doing the Mistress's bidding it will make it go better ;)

badside said...

That work schedule sounds brutal! Wear some lingerie to work, it'll make it so much more pleasant. BTW, I wrapped up your story today, hope you enjoyed reading it.
http://bedtyme.blogspot.com/