Monday, September 21, 2009

It was a busy weekend - birthday parties Saturday and Sunday afternoons, a get-together Saturday night, and I ran the Philadelphia Disatnce Run (1/2 marathon) on Sunday morning. Perfect weather all weekend long for everything. This was the second time I've run the PDR, and I was about 3 minutes slower this time. Not bad considering that I came down with a cold last Thursday. I ran well the first 8-9 miles, then my lungs started to tighten up and I couldn't keep up the pace. Another way to look at it is that I beat about 9,500 of the 12,000 people that finished the race.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did pretty well in the race, especially considering your condition.

-Badside

Anonymous said...

i was 12,001

doll said...

You did exceedingly well if you were unwell but only 3 minutes off last years time. Congratulations