Friday, October 07, 2005

More on Copenhagen, Denmark

Now that I've been back for a week, it almost seems like a lifetime ago that I was there. Not that my body realizes it. Jet lag sucks. I couldn't sleep when I was there, and now I'm finding that I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8PM instead of 10PM. Anyway, I really did have a great time there, and wish I had more time.

Highlights of the trip included going to the Carlsberg Brewery. One of the best brewery tours I've ever taken. Instead of touring the modern factory, they take you through the old factory in a multi-media experience. The tasting bar was great, but limited to two samples. Now I will have to find some Carlsberg around here to see if it tastes the same. Maybe the only better brewery tour was at the Yuengling brewery. I also ate & drank at a brewpub called BrewPub in the city. Great beer!

I did do the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus tour. A tourist thing to do, and the best way to see the city easily and get a history lesson. The Rosenborg Castle was also a winner. I almost missed out on Tivoli. At first I didn't think it would be interesting to see as it is an amusement park. However, after dinner on Sunday we went there as it was the last day it was open until Christmas. I'm glad I did go. Lots of people and a neat place to see. A band called Kashmir had a concert. Great music, similar to Coldplay. The disk is on its way from Amazon.com.

I didn't go to the Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Factory, but went to the store instead and bought a few Christmas gifts. In the same area is the Erotic Museum (as pictured below). Didn't go in as I think I've seen more erotica than could fit in any museum. One place I wish I would have had time to go to was the Viking museum.

The weather was great - warmer than usual. And of course the women were tall, blond, and all beautiful. I think part of this is due to the fact that a lot of people ride bikes to get around. The infrastructure is set up to make this possible, so much better than the states.

2 comments:

... said...

you were christmas shopping?! it';n not even halloween! glad you're back doll :)

SheenV said...

I know! I usually don't even think about Christmas until December. It was just the right gift at the right place at the righ time.